Benefits of being a travel club member
Membership in a travel club comes with many benefits, especially for those who are (or would like to be) avid travelers. However, until recently, membership in such a club was not available for most tourists.
In the past, membership in an elite travel club would have cost you anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000… And while that price is comparable to a membership like this, the average family or average traveler could never afford it.
However, now, thanks to the growing competition in the travel business and the desire of companies to get their hands on a piece of the $ 7 trillion tourism pie, membership in travel clubs has become more affordable and less expensive.
There are several criteria for choosing a travel club, but in this article we will only list the benefits of such a membership.
However, since different clubs are created in different ways, we will summarize on average for the tourism industry what advantages travel clubs can in principle provide.
1. The first major benefit of being a travel club member is, of course, discounts. Depending on the membership and the club you join, you can expect to receive a discount of 50% to 80% off the average hotel room rate.
2. Secondly, you are not bound to stay at just ONE hotel. Unlike timeshare, where you pay BIG money to get the right to stay in one place, a travel club membership allows you to stay at ANY hotels affiliated with your club. Depending on the club you choose, you can stay in hundreds or even tens of thousands of hotels around the world.
3. Speaking of timeshare, the price for one of the accommodations can range from $10,000 to $90,000 or more. It doesn’t even include the ANNUAL maintenance fee. Membership in the travel club includes a portion of the cost of the timeshare WITHOUT a monthly fee.
4. Unlike most timeshare hotels, where you are only allowed to stay, as a rule, for ONE week a year, members of the travel club can often rest for several weeks a year. Some companies even have a “No Banned Dates” service, which means club members can choose to take 52 weeks off a year if they wish. If you don’t have a calendar handy, then it’s EVERY WEEK of the year.
5. Unlike the usual way of booking a hotel room, where you pay per person, per day… with a club card you pay PER ROOM, PER WEEK. Of course, when you book a room for 4, 6 or even 8 people, you will get a discount of up to 80%, and this is a BIG amount.
6. Your travel club membership affects more than just room bookings. Many travel clubs offer additional services for a comfortable stay from luxury resorts, hotels, apartments, cruises and much, much more. Some companies even provide the opportunity to book discounted air tickets, rent cars, organize entertainment for the whole family.
7. Most travel club companies book rooms in advance, so it’s unlikely that club members will miss out on their desired vacation.
8. Members of the travel club can immediately book their vacation even during the peak season. For example, at Christmas and New Year. All this without having to pay outrageous prices or worry about registering your reservation.
9. Membership in the travel club will allow you to show your family and friends around the world for a reasonable price.
10. Membership in a travel club allows the average person or family to enjoy the luxury and lifestyle typically enjoyed only by the rich and famous.
Without a doubt, membership in a travel club has many benefits. However, remember, not all clubs are the same. Some of them are overpriced for their services, others are simply not up to the mark… So weigh the pros and cons before spending money on membership fees.